Friday, August 15, 2008

So this is the real world??

I would just like to say that I am in complete denial. I just keeping hoping I will wake up one of these days and still be in my apartment in Knoxville.... I've pretty much been a huge disappointment to my parent's since I moved in with them 76 days ago (but who's counting?). I go out almost every night, usually till 3am, get 5 hours of sleep, and then go to my "real world job" at the architecture firm I did my internship at last summer. I get home from work, eat my parent's food, shower using "their" water, and then repeat the process. Needless to say, I've had a lot of fun hanging out with all my friends. I keep planning on working on my resume/portfolio, but that never sounds too appealing after sitting in front of a computer for 8 hours everyday.

For now, my plan is to move into an apartment with my sister in the next couple of weeks. Maybe once I am out of my room from high school, I will feel more like an adult and actually be motivated to move forward with my life. As for now, I will continue to deny my part in this "real world" and keep acting like I am a college student....

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Awesome Cuba! hahaha You'll definitely feel better moving out of the parent's hizzy - believe me :-) Miss u!

Lauren said...

hahaa.. you crack me up! I love that you are living your life to the fullest..hey, look on the bright side, at least you are saving money by living with your parents. I lived with my mom for a while, too.. ain't no shame. haha.

Miss you!